“Life has been a real adventure for me. I never dreamed from my humble beginnings that I, a person who came into this world with very little… could or would rise to the level that I have.”
- Joe Francis
Applications are accepted from
January 1st through June 1st each year.
To be considered, applicant must be currently applying for entrance into Cosmetology/Barber School, OR actively enrolled in a Cosmetology/Barber program.
If you graduate from Cosmetology or Barber School between the dates of: January 1st through August 31st of the current award year, you are NOT eligible. Esthetician or Nail training students are NOT eligible.
The Application Process:
- Click on the "Apply Online" link below to start your application process. Please review your application carefully to include all financial information, and respond to each question. Incomplete applications cannot be submitted.
- For your convenience, the process allows you to save your application as a draft, to return to complete as needed.
- Please follow the instructions (the online process will guide you through) to submit two letters of recommendation, only when the two letters of recommendation are received will you be allowed to submit your entire application for consideration.
- Deadline to submit application is June 1, 2015.
- All applicants will be notified in September of award status.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who awards the scholarships?
Recipients are selected by an independent committee composed of the board of directors and others in the professional beauty industry. Recipients and nonrecipients are notified in September.
How much is the award?
$1,200.00 per recipient, paid directly to the cosmetology
school of student's choice.
How will I know if I am a recipient?
All applicants are notified email and/or postal mail of their status by the end of September.
If I am a recipient, when does the school get the money for tuition?
Typically, once you receive your award letter, the school has also been
notified and in receipt of the scholarship payment.
I am currently enrolled in COSMETOLOGY school and graduate before August of the award year, can I still apply for this year’s scholarship?
No, if you are a student currently enrolled in a cosmetology program and
graduating between January 1st and August 31st of the award year, you are NOT eligible. Only cosmetology students who graduate anytime after August 31st may apply.
If you are a high school student please apply during the final semester of
your senior high school year.
How do I apply if I don't have access to a computer?
Submission of the online application is preferred, and we strongly encourage you to source a computer at a public library or school. Remember, for your convenience, you may save the online application as a draft and return to complete as needed. However, if you experience great hardship in sourcing a computer, you may click on the link to print an application and submit by mail. Postmark deadline is June 1st. Mail your application to:
Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship Foundation
P.O. Box 50625
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Who do I talk to if I have any questions?
Kim Larson (651)769-1757 or email: email@example.com