“Life has been a real adventure for me. I never dreamed from my humble beginnings that I, a person who came into this world with very little… could or would rise to the level that I have.”
- Joe Francis
Applications are accepted from
January 1st through June 1st each year.
Postmark/Fax Deadline: June 1st of each year.
To be considered, applicant must be currently applying for entrance into Cosmetology/Barber School, OR actively enrolled in a Cosmetology/Barber program. If you graduate from Cosmetology or Barber School between the dates of: January 1st through August 31st of the current award year, you are not eligible. Esthetician or Nail training students are not eligible.
Candidates must submit the following:
1. Complete Application
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please review your application carefully to include all financial information, your essay, and two letters of recommendation.
2. Complete a One to Two Page Essay In Your Own Words
- To improve your standing, please address all five topics listed under STEP TWO of Applicant's Essay, refer to page three of the application.
3. Collect Two Letters of Recommendation
- Include a minimum of two letters of recommendation and refer to STEP THREE of the application, on page three for information your references should include.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who awards the scholarships?
Winners are selected by an independent committee composed of the board of directors and others in the professional beauty industry.
Winners are announced in September.
How much is the award?
$1,000.00 per recipient, paid directly to the cosmetology
school of student's choice.
How will I know if I win?
All applicants are notified of their status by the end of September.
If I win, when does the school get the money for tuition?
Typically, once you receive your award letter, the school has also been
notified and in receipt of the award payment.
I am currently enrolled in COSMETOLOGY school and graduate before August of the award year, can I still apply for this year’s scholarship?
No, if you are a student currently enrolled in a cosmetology program and
graduating between January 1st and August 31st of the award year,
you are NOT eligible. Only cosmetology students who
graduate anytime after August 31st may apply.
If you are a high school student please apply during the final semester of
your senior high school year.
How do I turn in the application?
Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship Foundation
P.O. Box 50625
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Fax to: (651) 459-8371
Who do I talk to if I have any questions?
Kim Larson (651)769-1757 or email: email@example.com